DeXter Bentley’s Hello Goodbye Show has been a regular feature on London’s Resonance 104.4fm, ever since the station’s inception thirteen years ago. The programme gives a platform to key voices from the underground music scene, prioritising quality over Facebook likes or gig attendance figures. Each band is invited to play a fifteen minute set, live in the studio, every Saturday afternoon. Backseat Mafia’s regular contributor, Ilia Rogatchevski, has been working as a sound engineer for the Hello Goodbye Show since February 2015. This podcast is a collection of some of the bands and musicians he has engineered for radio since starting work there. This mix is by no means a definitive snapshot of the London underground scene, but instead should be viewed as a primer for those eager to know more. “Each track is a recording of a live performance, hence the occasional wonkiness” tells Ilia.
DeXter Bentley’s Hello Goodbye Show is currently on summer vacation, but you’ll be able to catch the next season from mid-September by tuning in to Resonance 104.4fm (London only) or streaming directly online.
1. Beattie Cobell – Naked Torso Action
2. The Infinite Three – Mother Iron
3. Paper Dollhouse – Daisies
4. Jordan Hunt – Fall
5. BAS JAN – Anglo Saxon Burial Ground
6. Sunlight Service Group – Live From Moon
7. Dead Rat Orchestra – Tyburn Tree
8. A.J. Holmes & The Hackney Empire – Martin’s Elephant Charm
9. Joey Fourr – Dirty Hole
10. French For Cartridge – Hot Air Balloon
11. Jamie McDermott (The Irrepressibles) – Arrow
Big thanks to Ilia for the mix!