North East’s Pit Pony are sharing the video for their new single ‘Black Tar’, which is their first new music since 2020. They have also announced that they have signed to Leeds label Clue Records, home to Bored At My Grandma’s House, YOWL, The Wedding Present, and more.
Speaking about the track, singer Jackie Purver explains
“It’s quite literally about anxiety, about putting the work in to improve things and going back to the beginning. Feeling like you can’t get anything right and you’ll feel like that forever. The whole track being the same riff throughout, and driven by the constant throbbing bass, really conveys the feeling of that constant cycle. That treadmill you feel like you can’t get off.”
“Of course you do get off, and you can feel better, but it takes time and work. The jagged and garagey sound lends itself to the stark melody and lyrics. It’s not one to overthink. By the end of the song I’m telling myself to snap out of it and keep going.”
A thundering beast of a track, with a huge bass riff that dominates under Purver’s confident vocals giving the track an addictive swagger. The way the music washes in in between the vocals is what makes the track such a killer.
Check it out, here
Pit Pony are set for a short tour next month
Live Dates – Tickets available HERE
- 12th April 2022 – The Talleyrand, Manchester
- 13th April 2022 – New Headingley Club, Leeds
- 14th April 2022 – The Vaux Room, Sunderland
- 16th April 2022 – The Green Room, Stockton Calling Festival
- 19th April 2022 – The Hope & Ruin, Brighton
- 21st April 2022 – The Grace, London
- 19th May 2022 – The Cluny, Newcastle with L.A Witch