Are we alone? The eternal question which has occupied humans for centuries. In the 1950s, the boom is science-fiction books and films, followed by interest in the space race, sparked the imaginations of a new generation. When considering what extra terrestrials will look like, the most popular notion at the time was that of little green men. However, there’s no limit to the capacity for human imagination when it comes to aliens. Even so, the Chiodo brothers came up with the idea of something incredible. Killer Klowns from Outer Space.
When Debbie (Suzanne Snyder) and Mike (Grant Cramer) see a shooting star fall just outside of their hometown, they set-out to find it. They encounter a strange circus marquee inhabited by creatures who look like clowns. Inside they discover dead people cocooned in what looks like candy floss. They rush into town to alert the police, and whilst the acerbic Officer Mooney (John Vernon) dismisses them as pranksters, his deputy (John Allen Nelson) goes to investigate. By the time they realise what is happening, the aliens are already in town.
Killer Klowns from Outer Space is a creative masterpiece from the minds of the Chiodo brothers who between them write, direct and produce. They’re famous for their special-effects work and it’s a film oozing with imagination. There are some beautiful touches and extremely inventive scenes. The new 4K scan brings the creatures to life in all their kaleidoscopic glory. Killer Klowns from Outer Space is an absolute riot. It’s brilliant fun and great entertainment.
Special Edition Contents:
- Brand new restoration from a 4K scan of the original camera negative
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Newly remastered stereo 2.0 and 5.1 DTS-HD MA audio options
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Archive audio commentary with the Chiodo Brothers
- Let the Show Begin! Anatomy of a Killer Theme Song – an all-new interview with the original members of the American punk band, The Dickies
- The Chiodos Walk Among Us: Adventures in Super 8 Filmmaking – all-new documentary highlighting the making of the Chiodo Brothers childhood films, from the giant monster epics made in their basement to their experiments in college
- New HD transfers of the complete collection of the Chiodo Brothers 8mm and Super 8 films, including Land of Terror, Free Inside, Beast from the Egg, and more!
- Tales of Tobacco – an interview with star Grant Cramer
- Debbie’s Big Night – an interview with star Suzanne Snyder
- Bringing Life to These Things – a tour of Chiodo Bros. Productions
- The Making of Killer Klowns – archive production featurette
- Visual Effects with Gene Warren Jr. – archive interview with co-writer/producer
- Charles Chiodo and visual effects supervisor Gene Warren Jr.
- Kreating Klowns – archive interview with Charles Chiodo and creature fabricator Dwight Roberts
- Komposing Klowns – archive interview with composer John Massari
- Klown Auditions
- Deleted Scenes with filmmaker’s audio commentary
- Image Galleries
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sara Deck
Killer Klowns from Outer Space is released on Blu-ray by Arrow Video on 9th April.