Fresh from being nominated as best Live Act at the AIM Independent Music Awards 2020, Red Rum Club have released their first new music of the year with a new track – Eleanor, out now on Modern Sky.
Lead singer, Fran Doran, says: “It’s a perfect love song, sung to and about Tom’s (guitarist) partner, Eleanor. It was written as an aid to help her overcome an ongoing battle with mental health, she needed a ‘pick me up’ song. It’s a happy, summery ode to finding the right person who you just click with and can’t imagine being without. When we went back in the studio after the success of Matador, we didn’t know what to expect, but this came effortlessly as it was from the heart and, as it’s so close to Tom, none of us wanted to mess with his vision for what it should be.”
In fine Red Rum Club tradition this is a bright bouncy track full of horns, love and a wonderful chant in the chorus of EL-EA-NO-R. It’s a modern love song in the pop style and a welcome return for the boys from Liverpool.
Check it out, here:
Red Rum Club’s upcoming 2020 live dates, including a main stage headline slot to close this year’s Sound City, are as follows:
- Tue 8 Sep Newcastle Under Lyme, Keele SU The Ballroom (with Circa Waves)
- Fri 11 Sep London, O2 Academy Brixton (with Circa Waves)
- Sat 12 Sep Liverpool, University (with Circa Waves)
- Sun 13 Sep Glasgow, O2 Academy (with Circa Waves)
- Tue 15 Sep Leicester, O2 Academy (with Circa Waves)
- Wed 16 Sep Cardiff, Tramshed (with Circa Waves)
- Thu 17 Sep Norwich, The Waterfront (with Circa Waves)
- Mon 21 Sep Southampton, The Joiners Arms
- Sun 27 Sep Liverpool, Sound City