Sweet Baboo (Stephen Black) has returned with a new single, ‘Werewolf At Night’, prior to him setting off for an intimate, six-date UK Tour this September.
Black says of the song:
“’Werewolf at Night’ was called ‘Memories’, but that sounds too much like a West End show. It’s a song about real memories, mis-remembered memories and made-up memories. Eventually they all get mixed up anyway. It reminded me of a Serge Gainsbourg or Lee Hazelwood song, so we evoked the sounds of their records, with a splash of eighties keyboards for good measure.“
A lilting sweet track with a rock backbone. Gorgeous orchestral notes sit as the base for his floating vocals as Black combines synths and guitars into a mini orchestral rock masterpiece.
Check it out, here
See below for Sweet Baboo our dates:
- Tue 25–Thu 27 Jul–Cottingham, Cottingham Folk Festival
- Thu 3–Sun 6 Aug–Bristol, Valley Festival
- Thu 31 Aug–Sun 3 Sep–Dorset, End Of The Road
- Tue 5 Sep–York, The Crescent
- Wed 6 Sep–Edinburgh, Voodoo Rooms
- Thu 7 Sep-Clitheroe, The Swan and Royal
- Fri 8 Sep–Bristol, Strange Brew
- Sat 9 Sep-Cambridge, Portland Arms
- Sun 10 Sep-St Leonards On Sea, Marina Fountain
Tickets are available here