TV Priest have announced their new album ‘My Other People’ due 17th June via Sub Pop Records. The news also comes with the video for the new single ‘Bury Me In My Shoes’. The band also confirm a UK Tour as well as record in-store performances.
Frontman Charlie Drinkwater says of the album,
“My Other People is a more “open’” set of songs, both musically and in our themes; in the process of writing we found ourselves talking about things other than anger or aggression. We wanted to discuss love, loss and joy too. It’s a record about personal disintegration and destruction, but also rebuilding again after this. It’s also heavily rooted in place, the music being a very direct response to Britain and England in 2021, but in a more abstract and textural sense. A muddy field viewed from a train window between cities, a patch of wild flowers growing next to a motorway, sticky carpets in a suburban flat roof pub, pissing rain on an August bank holiday and the smell of diesel in an out of town supermarket car park. An angry, hopeful, shitty, beautiful island.”
As for the new single, he adds,
“‘Bury Me In My Shoes’ is a hangover of a song. Last year was about reminding ourselves to hang on to good things; to remember you can love and hate in equal measure. That the answers are rarely found by looking backwards. “Bury Me” was written as a response to that general feeling of unease and creeping dread. A feeling you get from bad news on no breakfast.”
A fuzzy chaotic track dominated by Drinkwater’s confident sneer. Buzzsaw guitar slashes through the chorus over a constant rattle of the bass and the rolling beat of the drums. Proof that the first album was not just a fluke but the start of a major musical talent.
Check it out, here
Pre-order the album here
TV Priest have announced a UK tour to support My Other People which begins 30th October at Bristol’s Louisiana, and ends 13th November at Green Door Store in Brighton. Tickets are available here.
They’re also set for in-store performances to celebrate My Other People’s release week (June 17th – 23rd), which fans can gain entry to with proof of preorder through the participating retailers.
There will also be US and EU tour dates announced soon.
Tour dates below:
- Fri. Jun. 17 – London, UK – Rough Trade East
- Mon. Jun. 20 – Brighton, UK – Resident*
- Tue. Jun. 21 – Southsea Portsmouth, UK – Pie & Vinyl*
- Wed. Jun. 22 – Totnes, UK – Drift*
- Thu. Jun. 23 – Leeds, UK – The Vinyl Whistle*
- Sun. Oct. 30 – Bristol, UK – The Louisiana
- Mon. Oct. 31 – Birmingham, UK – Hare & Hounds
- Tue. Nov. 01 – Dublin, IE – The Workman’s Cellar
- Thu. Nov. 03 – Manchester, UK – Yes (Pink Room)
- Fri. Nov. 04 – Glasgow, UK – Broadcast
- Sat. Nov. 05 – Leeds, UK – Belgrave Music Hall
- Mon. Nov. 07 – Cambridge, UK – Portland Arms
- Tue. Nov. 08 – Leicester, UK – Firebug Bar
- Thu. Nov. 10 – London, UK – Scala
- Fri. Nov. 11 – Reading, UK -The Face Bar
- Sat. Nov. 12 – Southampton, UK – The Joiners
- Sun. Nov. 13 – Brighton, UK – Green Door Store
* Stripped down performances