Ferocious Dog release the moving single ‘Broken Solider’ the second single from their forthcoming new album ‘The Hope’, which is released on 15th October via Graphite Records.
With the release of Broken Solider Ferocious Dog want to raise money and awareness for Combat Stress, the UK’s leading charity for veterans’ mental health. For over a century, Combat Stress have helped former servicemen and women with mental health problems, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety and depression.
Ferocious Dog are asking people to donate where they can to www.combatstress.org.uk to help our veterans. They’ll be donating £5000 from the Lee Bonsall Memorial Fund.
Lead singer Ken Bonsall comments:
“Having worked closely with Combat Stress for many years since the loss of our son Lee and setting up the Lee Bonsall Memorial fund to raise awareness of PTSD. Our aim with the “Broken Soldier” song and video is to raise more awareness around veterans suffering from PTSD and hopefully help them to reach out to Combat Stress for help. After losing Lee and setting up his Memorial Fund, our ambition was that if we could save one veteran or family from going through the pain and heartache we suffered, then we would have achieved our goal.”
Robert Marsh Director of Fundraising, Combat Stress:
“On behalf of Combat Stress and the veterans that seek our unique and vital help we would like to say thank you to Ken and Karen, their family and friends, the band Ferocious Dog and the Lee Bonsall Memorial Fund. Their incredibly generous support over the last 6 years will have helped many, many veterans struggling with mental health problems. We very much hope that ‘Broken Soldier’ is a huge success and the awareness generated will encourage other veterans to seek help and not suffer in silence and that it’s ok not to be ok.”
Celtic punk done with all the emotive power that is expected on such a powerful subject. Sweeping strings, catchy lyrics and a stirring acoustic all set the scene with a huge sing along chorus to complete the mix. It’s a magical addictive mix which just makes the wait for the album a little harder.
Check it out, here
Pre order the album here
To celebrate the release of The Hope Ferocious Dog will undertake a 24 date tour starting in Liverpool at the O2 Academy 2 on Friday 8th October and concluding at the Leadmill in Sheffield on Sunday 4th December.
Tickets available from : https://thehope.ferociousdog.co.uk/tickets
UK 2021 tour dates in full:
- Fri 8th O2 Academy 2 Liverpool
- Sat 9th Marine Hall Fleetwood
- Fri 15th Old Fire Station Bournemouth
- Sat 16th Chalk Brighton
- Sun 17th The Venue Derby
- Mon 18th Old Cold Store Nottingham
- Tue 19th Nightrain Bradford
- Wed 20th O2 Academy 3 Manchester
- Thu 21st Nell’s London
- Fri 22nd O2 Academy 2 Oxford
- Sat 23rd Waterfront Norwich
- Thu 28th The Globe Cardiff
- Fri 29th O2 Academy Leicester
- Sat 30th Esquires Bedford
- Fri 5th O2 Academy 2 Newcastle
- Sat 6th La Belle Angele Edinburgh
- Fri 12th Ropetackle Arts Shoreham-On Sea
- Sat 13th The Forum Tunbridge WellsThu
- 18th Cheese & Grain Frome
- Sat 20th Exeter Phoenix Exeter
- Sun 21st Guildhall Gloucester
- Fri 26th KK’s Steel Mill Wolverhampton
- Sat 27th Picturedome Holmfrith
- Sat 4th Leadmill Sheffield